Green bell pepper prices have increased due to strong demand. Markon First Crop and Markon Essentials Green and Red Bell Peppers are available.
- Mexican supplies have tightened this week due recent cool/rainy weather
- All sizes are available, but extra-large peppers are snug
- Quality is good: scarring and weak walls are issues in some lots
- Florida is transitioning from older crops to newer winter fields in the southern region
- Some lots show signs of bruising and decay at pack out
- New crop quality is very good
- Prices are rising
- Mexican stocks are consistent
- Volume is set to increase in January
- All sizes are available
- Quality is good
- The East Coast does not produce many colored peppers
- Prices are expected to slightly decrease over the next one to two weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.