Green bell pepper prices are rising; demand exceeds supply. Markon First Crop (MFC) and Markon Essentials (ESS) Green and Red Bell Peppers are available.
- Mexican supplies are tightening; prices are moving higher
- Cool daytime temperatures are hindering growth, pushing back new crop harvesting start dates in Sinaloa
- Demand is strong
- Quality is fair; bruising and decay are occasional issues
- Expect limited supplies and rising markets for the next one to two weeks
- Florida stocks remain extremely limited due to weather; prices are up
- Rain-related quality issues are present in some lots following past storms
- Quality ranges from fair to good; supplies are dominated by choice grade
- Expect higher prices and limited supplies over the next 7 to 10 days
- Mild daytime and cooler nighttime temperatures are impacting maturity
- Quality is fair
- Bruising, decay, and inconsistent color are occasional issues
- Gold bells remain limited with less overall acreage planted
- Expect elevated markets and lower volume for the next one to two weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2024 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.