Green bell peppers have begun transitioning south on both coasts; markets are steady. Markon First Crop (MFC) and Markon Essentials (ESS) Green and Red Bell Peppers are available.
- Production is winding down in Oxnard and Hollister
- New crop Coachella and Thermal harvests have begun with increased volume expected over the next several weeks
- Quality is good
- Markets are steady but have the potential to become active as the transition occurs
- Mexico/East Coast
- Central Mexican supplies (crossing through Texas) are limited; markets are slightly higher
- New crop stocks from Western Mexico (crossing into Nogales, Arizona) will begin shipping in late November; recent storms may cause delays and planting gaps at the start of their season
- Georgia/Florida production is steady
- Expect supplies to tighten the first week of November, as cooler weather patterns move in
- Low temperatures are forecast in Georgia and Northern Florida next week which will increase prices
- Supplies are ample in the Hollister and Oxnard growing regions; volume is expected to decrease over the next two to three weeks as the transition to the Southern California desert region approaches
- Coachella and Thermal new crop harvests will begin in early to mid-November; the domestic season will wrap up by late December
- Quality is good; markets are steady
- Stocks remain limited in Central Mexico (crossing through Texas)
- Eastern Canadian production is light
- Western Mexico (crossing into Nogales, AZ) will become primary growing region in late December/early January
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.