Green bell pepper markets are steady due to a smooth growing region transition on both coasts. Red bells will start in the California desert during the second week of June. Markon First Crop (MFC) and Markon Essentials (ESS) Green and Red Bell Peppers are available.
- The California desert has strong supply this week; quality is excellent with light green color
- The main Mexican season is ending; quality is average at best on any remaining crops
- Central Florida will run until the end of May with good quality
- Georgia has started and will ramp up over the next couple of weeks
- Expect slightly lower prices heading into Memorial Day weekend
- Mexico production is slowing down as most suppliers work older fields; quality is average and smaller sizes are most common
- The California desert season will start in a limited manner at the beginning of June
- Canadian greenhouses are producing excellent quality larger fruit
- Expect prices to increase over the next two weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.