Bell pepper harvesting transitions will occur on both coasts during the month of May. Markon First Crop (MFC) and Markon Essentials (ESS) Green and Red Bell Peppers are available.
- California new crop California desert production has increased this week
- Quality is excellent
- Size is dominated by jumbo/extra-large peppers
- Mexican stocks will decrease over the next two weeks
- Quality is average
- Large sizes are snug
- Florida has moderate volume with good quality from the Plant City region
- The Georgia season is expected to start May 15
- Expect steady markets this week
- Mexico will continue to ship steady supplies through May
- Quality is hit or miss
- Smaller size are most abundant
- The California desert season is expected to start week of May 29
- Canadian greenhouse volume is increasing; quality is excellent
- Expect prices to decrease slightly
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.