The California desert green bell pepper season will start over the next week. Markon First Crop (MFC) and Markon Essentials (ESS) Green and Red Bell Peppers are available.
- Mexican supplies are adequate; however, quality is decreasing due to older crops
- Medium and small sizes are dominant
- Thin walls are prevalent this week
- The California desert production is limited to one grower this week
- More will begin harvesting this weekend
- Jumbo and extra-large peppers dominate early picks
- Florida has moderate volume; the Plant City season is well underway
- Expect slightly lower prices this week
- Mexico volume has decreased and quality is average at best
- Scarring and chocolate color are seen in some choice-grade packs
- The Canadian greenhouse season is ramping up
- Large sizes dominate availability
- Quality is excellent
- Expect prices to decrease slightly
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.