Green bell pepper markets have eased due to increased Florida supply and lighter demand. Markon First Crop (MFC) and Markon Essentials (ESS) Green and Red Bell Peppers are available.
- Mexican spring crops are underway; past inclement weather has stunted fruit growth
- Sizing is dominated by medium and large peppers
- Mexico supply will remain adequate through April, before transitioning to the California desert growing region in early May
- South Florida has moderate volume of jumbo/extra-large fruit with excellent quality
- Expect lower prices over the next week
- West Mexico has consistent supply from a mix of old and new crop; quality is inconsistent
- Expect improved quality from the spring crop out of central Mexico in mid-April
- Canadian greenhouse spring production is underway; quality is strong
- Prices are slightly lower this week
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.