Green bell pepper markets are higher due to tight supplies. Red bell peppers are increasing. Markon First Crop (MFC) and Markon Essentials (ESS) Green and Red Bell Peppers are available.
- Mexican stocks are tightening as older fields struggle to produce adequate yields
- Larger sizes are extremely snug
- Some new crop harvesting will start this week; however, Mexico’s spring volume is typically lower
- The East Coast is harvesting new spring crops in South Florida however recent winds will affect quality
- The California season will be delayed up to two weeks due to recent strong winds and rainstorms
- Expect elevated prices to persist until spring crops are well established
- Mexican supplies are starting to increase due to new crop production in the Culiacan region
- Overall quality is mixed, with the best quality coming from high-tech growers
- Steady volume is expected to continue in Canada through early April
- Prices should remain fairly steady
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.