Increased demand and cold Mexican weather have increased red bell pepper prices. Green bell markets are steady. Markon First Crop (MFC) and Markon Essentials (ESS) Green and Red Bell Peppers are readily available.
- Mexico is experiencing cold evenings (mid-40s Fahrenheit) which is slowing the ripening process
- Supplies are tightening due to increased demand
- Quality is varied with the best lots coming from high-tech greenhouses
- Expect markets to climb this week
- Mexican production is steady
- New crop harvesting underway
- A wide range of sizes are available
- Overall quality is good; some minor bruising has been observed during grading
- South Florida volume has risen; growers are harvesting a mix of new and old fields
- Markets are steady at low levels this week
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.