Markon First Crop (MFC) and Markon Essentials (ESS) Green and Red Bell Peppers are readily available. Expect consistent supplies and steady markets into February.
- Despite low nighttime temperatures that have delayed growth in some Mexican fields, overall supplies remain ample
- South Florida’s winter volume is low due to recent cold weather
- Weaker demand is keeping prices level this week; expect stable markets and adequate stocks next week
- Yields are high in the Sinaloa region of Mexico despite cooler evenings
- Overall quality is very good
- Overripe peppers are being observed in some lots
- The East Coast doesn’t produce a significant amount of colored bell peppers
- Expect lower/promotable prices next week as favorable weather is in the forecast
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.