Red bell peppers will begin transitioning from the Southern California growing region to Mexico over the next week. Light demand and steady markets are expected for the next 7-10 days. Markon First Crop and Markon Essentials Green and Red Bell Peppers are available.
Red Bell Peppers
- The California desert season will come to an end over the next few weeks
- The main transition to Mexico (crossing through Nogales) will occur beginning of January; quality is excellent
- Expect steady prices over the next week
Green Bell Peppers
- Mexican volume is light this week due to cooler weather and reduced harvest labor during the holiday season
- Most Florida growers escaped frost damage as they started new fields in southern regions of the state
- Sizing is dominated by jumbo and extra-large bell peppers
- Expect prices to ease over the next two weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.