The Southern California desert red bell pepper season is underway. Green bell pepper supplies are tightening due to cold weather.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) and Markon Essentials (ESS) Red Bell Peppers are limited; packer label may be substituted as necessary
- The California coastal seasons in Hollister and Oxnard are finishing up this week
- Harvesting is underway in Coachella, California with light volume; cold evenings are slowing the ripening process
- Mexico’s greenhouse stocks are limited; expect high volume by mid- to late December from the Sinaloa region
- Elevated markets will persist this week; relief is expected after the Thanksgiving holiday
- MFC and ESS Green Bell Peppers are available
- Cold evenings in California’s desert regions (with a high of 30°F), are hindering fruit production; supplies are tightening
- The Georgia season will end in late November
- Florida has limited volume due to hurricane-affected crops
- Mexican bell peppers are increasing; flush volume is expected the week of December 9
- Expect markets to increase slightly next week
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.