- Markon First Crop (MFC) and Markon Essentials (ESS) Red Bell Peppers are extremely limited; packer label will be substituted as necessary
- The California growing regions of Hollister and Oxnard cancelled harvesting on Thursday, November 10 due to extremely muddy conditions; attached is a photo for reference
- Crews are expected to return on Friday, November 11
- Evening temperatures in the mid-30s are hampering the ripening process
- The transition to the California desert region will start on November 14
- This week’s high markets will soften over the next two weeks
- MFC and ESS Green Bell Peppers are available
- The California desert has adequate supplies
- Crews are harvesting this week
- Quality is very good; size is dominated by large and medium peppers
- Georgia and North Florida growers are seeing production delays due to Tropical Storm Nicole
- The Mexican season (into Nogales, Arizona) has started in a limited manner
- Expect markets to increase slightly
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.