Green bell pepper markets are rising due to strong demand. Cooler weather and growing region transitions are occurring on both coasts. Red bell pepper supplies are tight.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) and Markon Essentials (ESS) Green Bell Peppers are available
- California production out of the Hollister/Gilroy area is winding down
- Quality is good; all sizes are available
- The California desert season (Coachella) will start late next week with limited supplies
- The Georgia and North Florida growing regions are slightly behind schedule due to recent weather; volume is tight
- Quality is good
- North Carolina will experience cool weather next week, pushing their season to a close
- Central Mexico has limited volume crossing through the south Texas border
- Expect prices to continue rising
- MFC and ESS Red Bell Peppers are available; packer label may be substituted during transition
- The California regions of Hollister and Oxnard are experiencing cooler temperatures, slowing down the ripening process
- Supplies are tight; some suppliers will skip harvesting on Saturday to help color deepen
- Bell pepper quality remains strong
- Central California’s Le Grande season will end early next week; the Coachella season will start in mid-November
- Central Mexico has limited volume due to recent cool weather
- Canadian greenhouses production is slowing down due to overcast weather
- Expect prices to increase next week
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.