Green bell peppers will transition south during the month of October. Overall markets are steady. Markon First Crop and Markon Essentials Green and Red Bell Peppers are available.
- California production is adequate in Hollister; the transition to the Imperial desert will start in mid-October
- Quality is very good with extra-large sizes trending
- Early quality reports out of the Imperial Valley are positive as they’ve seen good weather so far this season
- North Carolina and Georgia avoided major damage from Hurricane Ian last week
- Overall quality is good with all size options available
- The Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania seasons should finish this weekend with low (near freezing) temperatures in the forecast
- Florida growers continue to assess the damage from Hurricane Ian; expect snug supplies from southern regions of the state during the month of November/early December
- Volume is low out of Eastern Mexico (crossing the South Texas border)
- Expect production to start in Western Mexico (into Nogales, Arizona) by mid-October
- Prices will hold steady this week
- Supplies are sufficient from California’s coastal region of Hollister; the Imperial desert season is expected to start in mid-November
- Quality is excellent
- All sizes are available
- Production is snug in Central Mexico due to inclement weather in September
- The Canadian greenhouse season is slowing down; medium and large sizes are most abundant
- Expect prices to remain steady over the next two weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.