Green bell peppers on the East Coast are transitioning south as the cool Autumn weather sets in. Markon First Crop and Markon Essentials Green and Red Bell Peppers are available.
- North Carolina is the main region with supply on the East Coast
- Overall quality is good with all size options available
- The summer regions in Ohio, Pennsylvania and Michigan are slowing down
- Georgia production is expected to start in the next 7-10 days; reported insect pressure may cause some quality issues when they start
- California coastal production (near Hollister and Arroyo Grande) is limited due to rain this past weekend
- Growers packed early last week to help fill orders
- Quality is excellent; peppers are solid with good color
- Central Mexico has limited volume crossing the South Texas border
- Expect slightly higher markets this week
- California supply out of the Hollister region is tight due to recent rain
- Quality is excellent as suppliers harvest new fields
- Central Mexico production is light but expected to increase to season levels over the next two weeks
- The Canadian greenhouse season is past its peak and size has decreased; sizing is dominated by large and medium peppers
- Expect prices to remain steady over the next two weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.