There is strong demand this week for green bell peppers, with many local summer growing regions in play. Markon First Crop and Markon Essentials Green and Red Bell Peppers are available.
- California has new fields starting in Arroyo Grande this week, complimenting the existing production in Gilroy/Hollister region
- Peppers have strong walls and excellent quality
- All sizes are available; choice grade is tight
- The East Coast has steady supply from New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Michigan
- Overall quality is good; some Michigan crop requires extra grading due to rain related issues
- Pennsylvania has new crops; volume is dominated by jumbo sizes
- Canadian bell pepper production out of the provinces of Quebec and Ontario is supplementing East Coast demand
- Expect lower markets over the next two weeks
- California is growing a consistent supply of red bell peppers out of the Fresno growing region
- Overall quality is very good; all sizes and grades are available
- The Gilroy/Hollister region will begin harvesting in late August
- Central Mexico production (crossing into South Texas) is lighter during August and will ramp up in September
- Canadian greenhouse production has increased; extra-large sizing is readily available
- Expect prices to increase slightly this week
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.