Green bell pepper supplies are increasing as mid-summer harvesting is fully underway. Markon First Crop and Markon Essentials Green and Red Bell Peppers are available.
- California’s Gilroy/Hollister region is in peak production
- Quality is excellent
- All sizes are available
- East Coast supply has increased as the August growing regions of Ohio, New York, Pennsylvania, and Michigan (among others) are in full production
- Quality in the new regions is good
- Large sizes dominate the crop
- Harvests are being affected by heat along the East Coast and rain in the Tennessee/Ohio regions
- Expect lower markets over the next two weeks
- California supply is meeting demand
- Production is in the Fresno region
- Overall quality is very good
- Extra-large and large sizes are abundant
- Expect Santa Maria and Gilroy/Hollister regions to begin harvesting in mid- to late August
- Central Mexico production (crossing into South Texas) will continue steadily until September (when volume increases)
- Canadian greenhouse stocks are tight, yet quality is excellent
- Prices are expected to remain steady this week
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.