Overall green bell pepper stocks are tightening due to harvesting transitions. Red bell pepper supplies are increasing in California; markets are slowly decreasing.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) and Markon Essentials (ESS) Green Bell Peppers are available
- California’s San Joaquin Valley is past peak production; supplies are steady
- Quality is good
- Large sizes and choice grades are most abundant
- The Gilroy/Hollister region will start harvesting in a limited manner on July 25
- East Coast stocks are tighter this week as North Carolina crops wind down; growers are moving to new regions
- Quality is average
- Choice grades and small sizes dominate availability
- New Jersey is harvesting large peppers; volume is increasing
- Many small local harvests are up and running in Kentucky, Virginia, Tennessee, and Michigan
- Expect slightly higher markets this week
- MFC and ESS Red Bell Peppers are available
- Growers in California’s Central Valley are finally reaching adequate volume
- Overall quality is very good
- All sizes are available
- Central Mexico (crossing into South Texas) has limited availability; quality is very good
- Canadian greenhouse volume has dipped as growers work through typical production cycles
- Prices remain high, but are expected to slowly decline over the next two weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.