Red bell pepper prices remain elevated due to extremely tight supplies; however, volume is expected to increase next week.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) and Markon Essentials (ESS) Red Bell Peppers are limited; packer label may be substituted if necessary
- California growers are starting production in Bakersfield; however, supplies remain limited due to past weather
- Overall quality is good but light color, chocolate shading, and pitting are being observed in some early packs
- Large sizes are most plentiful
- Central Mexico has a light to steady flow of red bell supplies (crossing into South Texas)
- Canadian greenhouses are seeing moderate volume this week
- Quality is good
- Extra-large peppers are most common
- Expect markets to slowly decline over the next two weeks
- MFC and ESS Green Bell Peppers are available
- California’s San Joaquin Valley continues to harvest moderate/steady stocks
- Quality is very good; all sizes are available
- The Gilroy/Hollister region is expected to start production the week of July 18
- East Coast volume has increased; however, inclement weather may hinder harvesting this weekend
- Quality is good; large sizes are most abundant
- Growers in Kentucky, Virginia, and New Jersey are expected to start production this weekend; Michigan will start the week of July 18
- Expect slightly higher markets next week
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.