Red bell peppers prices remain elevated due to low volume. Green bell pepper harvesting transitions are occurring in California and along the East Coast during the month of June.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) and Markon Essentials (ESS) Red Bell Peppers are limited; packer label will be substituted as needed over the next two weeks
- The California desert supply is low due
- Fluctuating temperatures are causing crop failures/blossom end rot for some growers
- Expect extremely tight stocks until the San Joaquin Valley (Bakersfield) season starts in late June/early July
- Limited production will start in Central Mexico in two weeks
- Canadian greenhouse yields have increased; quality is very good
- Orange bell peppers may be substituted on a case-by-case basis through June
- Expect elevated markets through this month
- MFC and ESS Green Bell Peppers are available
- California supplies are adequate
- The transition from the Imperial Valley to Bakersfield occurs this week
- Jumbo/extra-large sizes are most prevalent
- Quality is excellent out of Bakersfield
- East Coast production is steady in Georgia with all sizes and grades available; quality is good
- The Carolinas are expected to start harvests at the end of June followed by local summer programs (including Kentucky, Virginia, New Jersey etc.) in mid-July
- Markets will ease over the next two weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.