Elevated bell pepper markets persist. Ideal weather is forecast for new crop growing regions in Florida and California increasing volume. Markon First Crop and Markon Essentials Green and Red Bell Peppers are available.
- Mexican supplies are snug as their spring acreage starts to wind down for the season
- Small sizes are most abundant
- Quality is average: pitting and bruising are being observed at grading facilities
- Florida stocks remain tight even with Plant City production starting; past weather is the main culprit
- California’s Imperial Valley supplies will increase next week as high temperatures (+90F) are forecast
- Expect prices to ease over the next two weeks
- Mexican supplies are slowly rebounding after the Easter holiday and Texas border delays
- Quality is average as growers work through older fields
- Bruising is being seen in some lots
- The Canadian greenhouse season is producing high-quality bell peppers; jumbo and extra-large sizes dominate availability
- Expect markets to remain steady this week
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.