Bell pepper volume is low due to seasonal decline and past weather conditions. Markon First Crop and Markon Essentials Green and Red Bell Peppers are available.
- Mexican fields are past peak production
- Yields are light
- Extra-large and large sizes are snug
- Quality is average
- Florida supplies are tight due to past weather conditions
- New spring production has begun on Florida’s East Coast
- Jumbo sizes are more readily available; small sizes are limited as older fields are phased out
- Additional acreage in Immokalee and Plant City will be harvested in mid-April, boosting overall volume
- California’s desert region will experience start-up delays (late April/early May) as fewer acres were planted due to limited water availability and labor shortages
- Expect prices to remain elevated over the next two weeks
- Mexican production remains low as some growers picked fields early in order to capitalize on the elevate green bell markets
- Quality is hit and miss; scarring and color issues are the main concerns
- Volume should increase over the next couple of weeks
- Florida only harvests a limited amount of colored bells
- Canadian greenhouse volume is increasing; jumbo and extra-large sizes dominate early availability
- Expect prices to remain steady this week
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.