Green bell pepper prices are rising as supplies tighten in Florida and Mexico. Markon First Crop (MFC) and Markon Essentials (ESS) Green and Red Bell Peppers are available; packer label is being substituted as needed.
- Mexican supplies are tight as some growers are between fields
- Extra-large and large sizes are snug
- Quality is good: extra grading is required in some lots
- Florida yields will fall over the next two weeks due to bloom drop issues from early February’s frost
- Quality ranges from average to very good
- Large sizes are most plentiful
- Expect prices to increase over the next several weeks
- Mexico stocks are relatively limited
- Small sizes are less abundant
- Quality is good: some bruising/color issues are being observed
- Florida harvests a minimal amount of colored peppers
- Canadian greenhouses are expected to start production in mid- to late March
- Expect prices to remain steady this week
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.