Bell pepper markets continue to rise due to inclement weather; red bell peppers are especially snug. Markon First Crop (MFC) and Markon Essentials (ESS) Green and Red Bell Peppers are available; packer label is being substituted as needed.
- Mexican growers are struggling to keep up with demand this week
- Cool evenings are slowing the ripening process
- Many growers are still rebounding from late January’s harvesting flush
- Quality is good; choice grades are tight
- Florida harvests only a small quantity of colored bells
- Expect prices to remain high for the next two weeks
- Mexican supplies are consistent out of the state Sinaloa; however, cooler temperatures in Sonora are reducing overall volume
- All sizes and grades are available
- Quality is good
- Florida production is lighter due to past cold weather
- Quality is good: wind scarring observed in some lots
- Supply levels are forecast to fluctuate in the coming weeks
- Expect prices to increase slightly
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.