Red Bell pepper markets are bullish due to tightening supplies. Green bell peppers prices remain steady despite East Coast crop concerns.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) and Markon Essentials (ESS) Red Bell Peppers are available
- Mexican supplies are in a harvesting gap
- January’s low prices caused some growers to harvest early as green peppers while others walked away from fields
- Cooler evenings are hindering the ripening process
- Quality is good: some defects are being observed at pack out
- The East Coast produces a minimal amount of colored peppers
- Expect prices to increase over the next week
- MFC and ESS Green Bell Peppers are available
- Mexican supplies are sufficient in Sonora and Sinaloa
- All sizes and grades are available
- Quality is good
- Florida crops are recovering from last week’s evening frost; plant tops were compromised
- New field growth has been stunted, while some older fields might not recover
- Quality is average
- Expect prices to remain stable this week
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.