Florida bell peppers avoided major frost damage this past weekend; however, growers are still evaluating crops. The Mexican markets have increased due stronger demand. Markon First Crop (MFC) and Markon Essentials (ESS) Green and Red Bell Peppers are available.
- Florida growers are reporting minimal damage after temperatures fell as low as 27˚F for a few hours early on Sunday, January 30
- Frost was observed on top of pepper plants, delaying growth
- Expect production to decrease over the next two weeks
- Mexican supplies are tighter; growers have cut back production due to last week’s low prices
- Extra-large peppers are limited
- Cooler evenings are expected in Sonora later this week, tightening supplies further
- Expect prices to increase this week
- Mexican supplies are steady; best quality is coming from high-tech/greenhouse growers
- All sizes are available
- Cooler evenings will slow production this week
- The East Coast produces a minimal amount of colored peppers
- Expect prices to rise slightly
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.