Large size Mexican avocado supplies (32- to 48- count fruit) remain tight; smaller sizes are recommended as substitutions.
- Large sizes (32- to 48-count supplies) remain extremely limited
- Smaller sizes (60- to 70-count fruit) are increasing; these supplies are filling the void of large size avocado shortages
- Quality is good; checkerboarding (uneven ripening within a case) has been reported
- Anticipate a substantial price savings when ordering small sizes (70- to 84-count stocks) as compared to large size fruit
- Expect elevated prices for large sizes and steady markets for smaller fruit for the next four to six weeks
- Yields continue to diminish week over week, as the season will wind down in late August
- The crop is currently dominated by 48- and 60-count No. 1 grade fruit
- Quality is good; checkerboarding (uneven ripening) has been reported
- Expect stable pricing
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.