Large size Mexican avocado supplies (32- to 48- count fruit) remain tight; smaller sizes are being substituted for large-size shortages.
- Large sizes (32- to 48-count supplies) remain extremely limited
- Smaller sizes (60- to 70-count fruit) are tightening, as they are filling the void of large size avocado shortages
- Quality is good; checkerboarding (uneven ripening within a case) has been reported
- New crop Mexican fruit will have a longer shelf-life than other avocado crops and bright green texture, regardless of the ripening stage
- Expect elevated prices for large sizes and steady markets for smaller fruit
- Yields continue to diminish week over week, as the season starts to wind down
- The crop is currently dominated by 48- and 60-count No. 1 grade fruit
- Quality is good; checkerboarding (uneven ripening) has been reported
- Expect stable pricing
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.