The asparagus market is rising; Mexican supplies are tightening.
- Markon First Crop Asparagus is available
- Central Mexico is past peak production
- Baja harvesting is stable
- Tropical Storm Nora is forecast to strengthen into a hurricane this weekend and make landfall in Baja on Monday, August 30
- Depending on the storm path, up to eight inches of rain and high winds with gusts up to 100mph may hinder production in Southern Baja
- Adverse weather is not anticipated in Northern Baja fields
- Peruvian volume is steady (into Miami, Florida)
- Expect higher prices for the next two weeks at minimum, pending any substantial crop damage
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.