The asparagus market is rising due to varying weather patterns in Caborca, Mexico hindering spear production.
- Markon First Crop Asparagus is available
- After an initial production increase in late January, Caborca yields have fallen significantly; harvesting will continue through April before growers transition to Central Mexico
- Recent Caborca temperatures have been inconsistent and similar patterns are anticipated through the end of the month
- Forecasts into next week call for highs ranging from 61 to 83 F degrees with evening temperatures from 29 to 42 degrees F
- Peruvian asparagus is available (shipping into Miami, Florida); however, stocks will remain limited through March
- Expect inconsistent supply levels and elevated markets for the next three to four weeks at minimum
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.