The asparagus market is elevated due to strong demand and limited supplies.
- Markon First Crop Asparagus is available
- Demand is up as the holiday pull continues
- Constitution is currently primary growing region in Mexico
- Caborca production has started in a light way but will not yield significant volume until mid-January; the season will run through April
- The Mexicali harvest is scheduled to begin in late December and run through late January
- Peruvian volume is steady (into Miami, Florida)
- Expect higher prices for the next 10-14 days until holiday demand subsides and Mexicali production begins
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.