Markets are weakening as Peruvian imports increase. Expect prices to continue to tick downward over the next 7 to 10 days.
- Baja, Mexico is North America’s primary growing region
- Strong winds and flooding caused by Hurricane Hilary did minimal damage to crops; growers have worked to cull scarred and bent stalks
- Jumbo sizes are limited; large and standard sizes dominate availability
- Volume remains lower than normal due to an early onset of El Nino weather patterns, but supplies are set to increase through September
- Newer growing regions in Southern Peru are coming online
- FOB pricing out of Miami is comparable to Mexican product crossing at the southern border
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.