Markets are elevated; industry volume is down as domestic crops out of Washington, Michigan, South Carolina, and others have been fully depleted.
- Central Mexico and Southern Baja are the primary growing regions
- Full production out of Central Mexico is expected slightly later than normal (late July)
- Northern Baja (regarded as a premium asparagus growing region) will begin to open fields in 14-21 days, easing supply pressure somewhat
- Peru’s volume is increasing week over week but remains lower than normal due to:
- Inclement weather
- Weak spring demand reduced incentives to open more fields
- Expect pricing to remain elevated through July until overlapping growing regions create abundant supplies
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.