Markets are rising; cold weather has reduced spear production in Mexico.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Asparagus is available
- Carborca is currently the primary growing region in Mexico
- Cold weather, with nighttime lows in the mid- to upper 30s, will continue through this Friday before warming into the upper 40s to low 50s next week
- The warmer weather will increase soil temperatures and promote spear production
- Markets are expected to remain elevated through February; supplies will increase significantly in early to mid-March
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.