Supplies of tender leaf/spring mix varieties are limited in the Arizona and California growing districts.
- Rain in February and March delayed planting due to wet, muddy conditions
- Abnormally low temperatures slowed plant maturity
- Markon brand suppliers are meeting Markon’s Ready-Set-Serve (RSS) Spring Mix and RSS Heritage Blend demand but are struggling to cover a 100% of RSS Arugula orders
- Arugula supplies are the tightest within the tender leaf category due to its sensitivity to abnormally low temperatures
- Yellowing leaves and product breakdown are the main quality challenges
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.