Artichokes are extremely limited.
- Recent cold weather, especially low nighttime temperatures, have drastically reduced maturation and caused a burned appearance on leaf tips due to overnight ice accumulation
- Suppliers are primarily packing 12-count sizes, allowing flower size to increase before harvesting
- Expect low volume out of all growing regions through the end of the year
- Oxnard, California is the primary growing region right now, with orders being supplemented out of Castroville
- Coachella Valley growers will begin limited production by the middle of next week
- Mexican supplies will begin ramping up by the end of the month
- Expect more abundant stocks mid-January as current harvesting strategies pay off and weather warms in Mexico and the Arizona/California desert regions
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.