Artichoke supply is tight; small sizes (24-count and smaller) are limited.
- Colder weather, low nighttime temperatures, and a fall heat wave that stunted flower growth has limited industrywide supply
- Suppliers are primarily packing 12-count sizes, allowing flower size to increase before harvesting
- Expect low volume out of all growing regions through the end of the year
- Oxnard, California is the primary growing region at this time; production is light
- The Castroville growing region season has ended
- The Coachella growing region will begin limited production by mid-December
- Mexican supplies have begun crossing and will increase through December; volume will not be enough to lower markets
- Expect light volume and elevated prices through January as current harvesting strategies pay off and growing regions begin to overlap
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.