Artichoke supply is very limited; small and medium size packs (18- through 36-count) are tight.
- Recent colder weather, low nighttime temperatures, and a fall heat wave has stunted flower growth and drastically reduced maturation
- Suppliers are primarily packing 12-count sizes, allowing flower size to increase before harvesting
- Expect low volume out of all growing regions through the end of the year
- Oxnard, California is the primary growing region at this time; production is light
- The Castroville growing region season will end this week
- The Coachella growing region will begin limited production by mid-December
- Mexican supplies will begin in a limited manner next week and increase through December; volume will not be adequate enough to lower markets
- Expect light volume and elevated prices through January as current harvesting strategies pay off and growing regions begin to overlap
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.