Please click here to view a Markon Live from the Fields video regarding the desert season’s first widespread lettuce ice event.
- A passing cold front has caused desert region temperatures to drop significantly
- Widespread, moderate-to heavy ice developed on lettuce and other desert row crops this morning
- Harvesting delays of up to four hours have been reported; production and loading delays can also be expected
- More low temperatures and ice are forecast through the rest of the week, but will diminish in severity by Friday, December 16
- Plant growth will slow down and ice-related defects such as epidermal blister and peel will become more common over the next several days
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for further information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.