Please click here to view a Markon Live from the Fields video regarding the recent growing transition as well as the current supply and quality outlooks for Salinas Valley lettuce items.
- The harvesting transition from the Arizona/California desert region to California’s Salinas Valley has been extremely challenging
- Multiple atmospheric rivers and two major flooding events in January and March caused widespread crop and farm infrastructure damage
- Over the past two to three weeks, growers have been experiencing the results of disrupted planting schedules and cold temperatures that hindered growth
- Supplies have been tight and plant maturity has not been ideal, causing low case weights
- A recent light rain event followed by warmer temperatures this week and next week will promote growth and improve the supply outlook
- Markon inspectors expect to see more Markon First Crop availability over the next few weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for further information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.