Please click here to view a Markon Live from the Fields video regarding significant yield loss in Salinas Valley lettuce crops caused by soil disease and plant virus issues.
- Salinas Valley lettuce markets are hitting record highs as demand far exceeds supply levels
- The Impatiens Necrotic Spot Virus (INSV) has been extremely aggressive in large swaths of the Salinas Valley for over three months
- Diseases such as Sclerotinia, Fusarium Wilt, and others have also caused die-off in many crops
- Suppliers are running out of fields to harvest and expect the season to end early
- The aerial footage in this video shows just a small amount of the kind widespread crop loss currently being recorded
- Expect elevated markets and tight supplies for lettuce items until the desert season is in full swing in approximately mid- to late November
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for further information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.