Please click here to view a Markon Live from the Fields video regarding another round of low temperatures and lettuce ice affecting row crops in the Arizona/California desert growing region.
- After some favorable weather earlier this month, another wave of cold, gusty winds has caused temperatures to dip and lettuce ice to develop over the past several days
- More lettuce ice is expected throughout the week which will result in continued production and loading delays
- Ice and wind-related defects from this most recent cold snap are already presenting themselves in lettuce crops primarily, but growth will be slowed in most desert crops
- Younger crops that still have one to four weeks to fully mature may exhibit significant epidermal blistering and peeling issues
- Markon inspectors are evaluating commodity and value-added items closely and selecting the best product for Markon orders, as well as working with crews to minimize quality defects
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for further information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.