Green leaf, iceberg, and romaine prices continue to decrease due to abundant supply and weak demand.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Premium Iceberg availability is inconsistent due to low weights; Markon Best Available is being substituted as needed
- MFC Premium Green Leaf and Romaine are readily available
- Arizona and California desert production is in full swing; ideal weather conditions are promoting growth
- Lettuce and leaf quality is very good: growth cracking, mildew pressure, fringe burn, and seeder are present in some lots
- Demand is moderate following Thanksgiving
- Markets are expected to continue declining until demand ramps up early to mid- December for the holidays
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.