Celebrated across the globe, Valentine’s Day is a big opportunity for foodservice operators to offer theme-specific menu items that attract customers. Sweets, especially those that include healthy fruits, are the big draw for this night celebrating love.
- Pavlovas. Cloud-like meringue makes a romantic dessert, especially when topped by chopped fruits (think all berries, passion fruit, grapes, mango, figs, or kiwifruit. Accent with shaved or melted chocolate.
- Molten Chocolate Cakes. Bolster these favorites with minced chile peppers, mashed raspberries, passion fruit, or mango purée.
- Budino. These on-trend, Italian pudding cups are practical and easy to make. Go seasonal with citrus fruits such as oranges, limes, or lemons—then garnish with vibrant fruit slices, fresh berries, and whipped cream.
- Panna Cotta. Another easy, make-ahead dessert that speeds up plating time, these smooth and creamy desserts look dramatic when topped with a sweet pomegranate reduction and seeds, raspberry coulis, or pink grapefruit syrup.
- Markon First Crop Strawberries: dip in chocolate, muddle in cocktails, or top cakes and tarts.
- Markon First Crop Grapes: crystallize with sugar, drop into sparkling wines, add to sweet breads, and top pavlovas.
- Ready-Set-Serve Juices: add bright flavor to mimosas, margaritas, and a variety of cocktails/mocktails.
- Markon First Crop Pears: poach in wine, cover in chocolate or use in tarts in cakes.
- Markon First Crop Chile Peppers: give sweets a hint of fire with minced Jalapenos, Serranos, or Habaneros.