SHOWCASE IDEAS FOR OPERATORS
When weather warms, diners seek outside patios and natural settings to take advantage of sunshine and fresh air. Is your team ready to pivot to dishes meant to be enjoyed al fresco this season?
- Salads: Crisp, crunchy lettuce-based salads are ideal entrees throughout the summer. Save on labor and waste by utilizing Markon’s many Ready-Set-Serve Salad Blends—just add on-trend toppings like miso eggplant, crispy shallots, pickled fennel, and watermelon radishes as well as global dressings such as Thai basil-chimichurri, passionfruit-white shoyu, and yuzu-ginger vinaigrette
- Drinks Menus: This is time to stack your beverage lists with refreshing cocktails, mocktails, and wellness drinks that will attract crowds for socializing in the open air. Stock up on plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables to accent teas, lemonades, seltzers, and various alcohols. Fresh herbs and edible flowers also boost flavor and appearance, making drinks social media worthy (and attract more customers).
- Desserts: Summers are hot! Offering cold or chilled sweets will appeal to diners trying to stay cool. Think house-made popsicles, frozen shakes and smoothies, fruity sorbets, no-bake cheesecakes—all piled high with vibrant berries, stone fruits, and citrus.
SEASONAL PRODUCE CHECKLIST
- Salads: Markon First Crop (MFC) Cucumbers, MFC Tomatoes, MFC Butter Lettuce, Ready-Set-Serve (RSS) Heritage Blend, RSS Hearts & Hearts, RSS Peeled Shallots, and MFC Sugar Snap Peas.
- Drinks: RSS Margarita Mix, RSS Lemonade, RSS Juices (Orange, Lemon, Lime), MFC Lemons, Limes, and Oranges, MFC Fresh Ginger, MFC Pearl Onions, MFC Cucumbers, MFC Fennel, and mixed berries.
- Desserts: MFC Strawberries, MFC Fresh Ginger, MFC Mint, RSS Pineapple Chunks and Spears, RSS Cantaloupe and Honeydew Chunks, slice red and yellow watermelons, mixed berries, and MFC Lemons, Limes, and Oranges.