Markon is excited to introduce Ready-Set-Serve® (RSS) Peeled Shallots—whole, cleaned, and trimmed products that delete messy prep and waste from your kitchen. These delicately zesty onion-like ingredients add complex flavor notes to a wide variety of global cuisines.
- Provides 100% yield and no waste—entirely edible!
- Peeled and trimmed allowing chefs to serve scratch cooking without the mess and cost of in-house prep.
- Subtler than yellow onions, for recipes that call for more refined flavors.
- Packed in resealable bags, this product is space saving and easily stored.
- RSS products are GMO-free and come with the confidence of Markon’s 5-Star Food Safety®
- Packed in our eco-friendly recyclable, wax-free, staple-free cartons.
- Add pickled shallots to a variety of dishes such as sandwiches, tacos, curries, and avocado toast.
- Slice and quick fry for a crunchy, aromatic topper for green salads, fried rice, and noodle dishes.
- Refine mirepoix mixtures by substituting shallots for onions—their refined flavor is ideal as a base for soups and sauces.
- Shallots work well in fruit salads and salsas where the bite of onions may be too strong; try mincing them into an avocado, orange, jicama side.
- Simmer whole, peeled shallots in olive oil until they are a soft, almost jammy texture; use these tender, subtly sweet ingredients with eggs, in quiches, and poultry dishes.
- Braise whole shallots with beef and pork roasts to add complexity; serve ladled with jus.
- Create a chutney condiment with chopped shallots and lemon zest.
The convenient Ready-Set-Serve 4/5-pound foodservice pack size is available exclusively through Markon’s five member distributors. Talk to your sales representative today!