Mother’s Day is the busiest day of the restaurant year. Be the restaurant of choice on mom’s big day by offering a combination of healthy favorites and craveable indulgences—all made with plenty of fresh produce.
- Egg Dishes. Whether you offer scrambles, omelets, poached, or all of the above, be sure to accent these dishes with vibrant, intense ingredients such as fresh herbs, spinach, kale, mushrooms, tomatoes, and avocados, as well as seasonal specialties like ramps, green garlic, and spring onions.
- Pancakes & Waffles. Part entrée, part dessert, these fluffy comfort foods get a nutritional balance and social media attention when piled high with fresh blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries.
- Boards. Of course, cheese and fruit platters will be popular, but also butter boards, herby dip flights, grilled vegetable plates, even French fry boards with colorful condiments will be big for groups that want to foster community and bond over brunch. Whole berries, roasted peppers, spinach dips, and dippable asparagus spears bring color and flavor to this trend.
- Beverages. Color is in this spring—especially in the mocktail and cocktail realm. Brilliant orange and pink citrus juices, lavender hues of butterfly pea tea, and muddled herbs make this season’s drinks beg to be ordered.
Seasonal Produce Checklist
- Egg Dishes: RSS Wild Arugula, MFC Herbs, MFC Asparagus, RSS Sweet Baby Broccoli, MFC Mushrooms, and MFC Trimmed Leeks.
- Boards: MFC Green & Red Seedless Grapes, roasted MFC Bell Peppers & Tomatoes, sugar snap peas, pickled RSS Carrot Sticks & MFC Jalapeno Peppers, specialty cheeses, salty olives, cured meats, crunchy nuts, and hot honey.
- Pancakes & Waffles: MFC Strawberries, RSS Pineapple Chunks, roasted MFC Apples and Pears, bananas, Nutella, and house-made jams & jellies.
- Beverages: RSS Orange, Grapefruit, Lemon, & Lime Juices, RSS Celery Sticks, RSS Carrot Sticks, MFC Basil, Mint, and Thyme, RSS Orange and Grapefruit Sections, RSS Pineapple Spears, edible flowers, and pomegranate seeds.