With sunny skies and schools out, the summer months are packed with vacationing diners. Serve them dishes that make their trip memorable.
- Road ready. Offer plenty of grab & go options that are easy to eat in the car and that travel well—wraps, rice bowls, and portable mocktails.
- Spoil them. Modern diners are looking for an experience to remember. Stock your menu with splurges like charred steaks with vibrant chimichurri, fried chicken with spicy-sticky sauce, and icy coconut-watermelon margaritas.
- But keep it healthy. Accent indulgent dishes with nutrient-dense ingredients (think avocado slices on burgers, roasted vegetables on pizza, and sautéed kale and mushrooms over steaks) that fit into the overarching wellness trend dominating the industry
Dine-in vacation customers want a meal to remember, while those on the go want something quick and healthy. Here are a few important items to stock that can be cross-utilized and will reduce back-of-house labor, saving both time and money.
- Ready-Set-Serve Salads & Blends make offering a diverse salad menu easy. No messy chopping, no waste, and less storage space needed. Just open the bag and toss.
- Fruit salads are also in high demand. Ready-Set-Serve offers a variety of cuts and combinations that can be used across the menu: breakfast, salads, desserts, and beverages.
- Ingredients like berries, melons, peaches, tomatoes, and corn all scream summer. Highlight dishes that feature these items.