Get Creative with Shareable Offerings
The month of March means basketball to millions of fans. Now’s the time to create LTOs and targeted menus for groups coming together to watch the games. Here are five great ways to enhance your March Madness offerings with fresh produce from Markon.
- With price of chicken wings going up and the flexitarian trend gaining traction, vegetarian cauliflower “wings” are a viable option that keep budgets in check while offering variety.
- Sharable, mix-and-match bar snacks like garlic hummus, guacamole, and house-made pimiento are crowd pleasers that can be pre-made for easy plating and labor savings. Offer fresh produce (RSS Celery, Baby Carrots, Broccoli and Cauliflower Florets, even RSS Melon Chunks) as healthy accompaniments.
- Fried mushrooms are a classic appetizer that becomes exciting again when made with panko breadcrumbs and MFC Herbs and served with global sauces. And why stop at mushrooms? The same technique can be used with RSS Brussels Sprout Halves, Onion Rings, and Sweet Baby Broccoli.
- The beverage menu is a big priority for game-watching customers. Keep your cocktail/mocktail menu full of modern drinks with impactful flavors and colors such as matcha, mint, turmeric and yuzu. Special garnishes like edible flowers, charred chile peppers, and cocoa nibs also create excitement as well as boost social media engagement.
- Don’t forget the sweets! Supplement everyone’s favorite, chocolate, with vivid berries and creamy bananas. Or go global with on-trend tropical fruit desserts using RSS Pineapple Chunks, passion fruit, mango, and guava. Hand-held and sharable plating works best for busy game watchers.
Markon Cooperative, Inc. brings a fresh approach and thinking to all of its premium farm-to-table produce so foodservice operators can bring the freshest ideas to their consumers. Based in Salinas, California, Markon serves as the produce purchasing, logistics, information, and marketing partner for its five member distributors (Ben E. Keith Foods, Gordon Food Service, Gordon Food Service Canada, Nicholas & Company, and Shamrock Foods) and their North American foodservice customers. Learn more about Markon’s commitment to providing the highest-quality, safest, and freshest produce at Markon.com.